Yes, Livi controls as-needed medications to assure that only the quantity required for the necessary time-frames are dispensed, and that includes daily do not exceeds.
Up to 15 prescriptions and supplements of most common size and shape — the highest capacity pill dispenser for non-conforming pill sizes!
Dispenses up to 24 times a day, accommodating both scheduled and as-needed (PRN) medications. View supplies or make changes to schedules from your smartphone or laptop
Quick and easy loading.
No sorting necessary — after the initial setup process, just pour your pills into the designated containers for hours of time savings. Store up to 90 days’ worth of each medication for less time spent loading.
Simple for patients.
Glows green and plays a recognizable beeping sound when it’s time for medications--simple to understand and dispense.
Fast and quiet.
Dispenses all pills in about a minute with minimal noise — other pill dispensers take several minutes to dispense pills and can be loud
Freedom from home.
Dispenses pills for portable travel packs for up to 14 days for extra independence
No extra connections
Livi’s monthly fee includes a AT&T cellular data connection to LiviWeb for remote management and text/email notifications. No extra phone lines or Internet subscriptions are necessary
- 90-day supplies eliminates weekly sorting
- Handles 15 different pills of a variety of shapes and sizes
- Lockable pill compartment limits access to stored medications -Remotely view on-hand supply anytime, with reminders for refilling
Schedule & Dosing
- Customizable, on-the-hour dosing schedules (up to 24 dosing periods each day)
- Manages as-needed medication (aka PRN’s) limiting access to controlled substances
- Additional reminders for items not stored in Livi (ointments, eye drops, etc.)
- Step-by-step travel pack dispensing for an afternoon away or up to 14 days away from home
Alerts & Reports
- Visual (flashing) button and audible (multi-volume tone) alerts when medications are due
- Displays medication name and instructions for each dose as it is dispensed
- Text or email alerts to caregivers when medications are late, missed or dispensed
- Text or email alerts to caregivers when lockable device cover is opened
- Refill alerts via text or email when inventory levels become low and critically low
- Reports and statistics about medication adherence and audit history of device interaction
- No WiFi required; Nationwide AT&T cellular data connection included*
- Access from any web browser to remotely view, schedule and monitor medication dispensing
- Livi secure cloud stores medication history for easy sharing with physicians and other caregivers
* Note: AT&T cellular service must be available and in-range for device to operate properly.
Approximately 13 lbs, excluding medications
6-8 hours of battery backup in event of power loss (varies based on use)
Connects exclusively through AT&T using a built-in cellular data modem
Compatible with most standard North American electrical outlets, 120v connection, low-voltage operation via in-line power converter
Frequently Asked Questions
Livi was designed to accommodate a wide variety of pills shapes and sizes.
However, Livi may have difficulty dispensing half-tabs, gummy supplements, rubbery gels, and pills that are inconsistently shaped. We recommend using the reminder feature or asking physicians or pharmacists to accommodate different strengths and medication formats as an alternative.
Livi can remind your loved one when it’s time to take medications that are stored externally. The Livi dispense button will glow green, and when it’s time to take these meds, a reminder with the med name and instructions will be displayed.
Livi will illuminate the large center button when meds are due. In addition, Livi will beep (adjustable volume levels) as well as send out electronic notifications via text message and email.
Yes, both. Livi has a physical key lock at the rear of the device in order to keep your pills and supplements secure. In addition, there is a cover removal detection system that will send an electronic notification to caregivers anytime the cover us opened.
Livi provides a variety of flexible scheduling options, including adjustable dose availability windows, various daily, weekly, and monthly options, and even just certain days of the week. You can also have variable time or dispense quantity schedules. Note: all schedules are based “on the hour.”
Out of concern for pill residue cross-contamination, Livi is sold for individual use.
Livi is a precision device that requires careful setup in order to provide reliable dispensing. Though it can operate for long periods of time without intervention, pill size changes or other situations requiring access to the inside of Livi may require a caregiver to be available
Livi provides numerous capabilities that differentiate it from other products.
- Healthcare Experience: For the past 20 years, we have designed and delivered precision medication management software and devices to help solve safety and cost challenges in hospitals and long-term care facilities. We have brought the same professional passion and commitment to Livi and the home care community. Livi is designed, built, and manufactured in the U.S.
- Capacity, Capabilities, Ease-of-Use: Livi provides more medications, larger supplies, and more dosing options. Equally important, Livi’s one-touch dispensing makes it easy for any patient to operate.
- Support for Controlled Substances: With a locking medication compartment and controlled dispensing of controlled medications (like pain, sleeping, anxiety, ADHD, and others), Livi can help reduce over-medication. Livi provides documentation for every action, and notifies caregivers if the medication compartment is opened unexpectedly.
- Browser Management: Family caregivers value the ability to manage Livi from their smartphone or laptop. Livi’s text notifications when a med is missed or its time to reorder medications can help eliminate unnecessary phone calls, visits, and worry.
These are just a few of the ways Livi is different from other lower cost products.
The value of independence and peace of mind may be priceless but there are a few ways Livi can help pay for itself.
- Managing Pill Supplies: Livi helps reduce medication costs by giving you visibility to stock on hand for each med and helpful reminders for re-ordering, helping reduce waste and “just-in-case” supplies.
- Avoiding Additional Services: Livi can help delay or avoid the need for costly services like in-home nursing support, or a move to an assisted living environment.
- Adherence Reduces Costs: Livi helps improve medication adherence, which has proven to reduce hospital readmissions, ER visits, extra doctor’s appointments, even injury-inducing falls. Livi can help you reduce the co-pays, deductibles, gas money, and other out-of-pockets costs experienced by all of these.
Maintenance & Troubleshooting
First, Livi stores all important information in the secure cloud. If anything happens to your Livi, your information is secure. In addition, Livi has an internal battery backup that allows full-functionality for approximately 8 hours should the power go out or the device becomes unplugged from a wall outlet. The battery is always recharged when plugged into electricity.
Yes, all current subscribers have a full warranty backed by the factory. If Livi fails and is not serviceable by our LiviCare team remotely, we will arrange to have a unit shipped to you from the factory and provide a box to return-ship the defective unit.
Chalky or powdery medications and supplements can leave a residue over time. The containers and internal plastics were designed for easy cleaning with typical household wipes and instructions for doing so are available on our LiviCare portal.
Connectivity & Data
Yes. You can invite other caregivers, family or professional, with a special email link to access your Livi information. Livi supports read-only to full access and everything is encrypted, audited, and secure.
Livi communicates over the cellular network, so no setup is required.
All communications between Livi and LiviWeb are encrypted and secure. Additionally, all at-rest data is encrypted on the server.
See Livi in Action
Learn how to set up, load and program Livi, and see how easy it is to use.